Boy George reported laptop hack days before he handcuffed rent boy, court told

Illustrated rainbow pride flag on a pink background.

Gay star Boy George, who is charged with the false imprisonment of a rent boy ,told police that his laptop was hacked into just days before the incident, a court was told.

Boy George, real name George O’Dowd, denies allegations that he handcuffed and beat 29-year-old escort Audrun Carlson.

Mr O’Dowd told police that he suspected a former employee of stealing personal data and photographs. Detective Constable Matthew Foy said that he did not say that he suspected Mr Carlsen of being involved.

Det Con Foy said: “He told me that photographs had been stolen from his computer by an ex-employee.

“He said the employee had worked for him and may have seen him type his password into the computer.”

Although when police examined the laptop they found no evicence that it may have been tampered with.

The singer allegedly handcuffed 29-year-old Audun Carlsen to a wall in his house and beat him with a metal chain, thinking the Norwegian had taken information from his computer during a naked photo shoot three months earlier.

The police officer admitted to the singer’s barrister, Adrian Waterman QC that he had not recorded the conversation with the star. Although he said that as it was “unusual” to speak to a celebrity, he remembered the conversation well.

Mr Carlsen claims that the former Culture Club star handcuffed him as he suspected him of hacking into his computer.

Snaresbrook Crown Court was told that 28-year-old Mr Carlsen met the star on the dating website Gaydar in 2007 and agreed to go to his flat in London’s Shoreditch late one night for a “photo session.”

In the following months the pop star sent the prostitute a series of messages on Gaydar and eventually arranged to meet again.

On April 28th Carlsen returned to the apartment and Mr O’Dowd, who believed that Carlsen had tampered with his computers, chained him up, the court was told.

He fled the apartment the next morning in his underwear after working his bonds loose and rang police from a local shop.

The fire brigade were called out to cut his handcuffs off.

Boy George was arrested in May, charged in November and released on bail.

He denies false imprisonment. The case continues.