UK: Crystal meth vet accused of killing man with toothbrush in ‘extreme’ S&M sex session

PinkNews logo surrounded by illustrated images including a rainbow, unicorn, PN sign and pride flag.

The trial of a former vet accused of using an electric toothbrush and metal bar to kill a man as they had S&M sex is taking place in Newcastle.

Kirk Thompson, 46, is accused of the manslaughter of David Kochs, 43, at his home in Newcastle, on 2 March last year, after the pair met on a gay dating website.

It’s alleged he covered up the body of Mr Kochs with a duvet and then had sex with another man.

Robert Smith QC, prosecuting, yesterday warned the jury that the case would be “a very disturbing one.”

The Northern Echo reports he said both men had been taking the drug crystal meth when they engaged in the violent episode and Mr Thompson “enjoyed inflicting pain on others”.

At one point Mr Kochs’ mouth was stapled together as was one nostril with a surgical skin stapler.

Mr Kochs died of severe internal injuries caused after an electric toothbrush and metal bar were forcibly inserted into his body.

Some of the wounds were inflicted after his death, the court heard.

Mr Smith said: “A large number of injuries were inflicted, some of which are likely to have been done with the deceased’s agreement as part of a sado-masochistic sexual act.

“However, the prosecution questions whether all the injuries were done with his agreement or if when they were inflicted David Kochs was capable of agreeing.”

The jury was told Mr Thompson had boasted on the internet about the kind of activity the two were engaged in.

In one message he said: “I am cutting, bleeding, piercing a guy on crystal meth” and in another said that he was “having a very extreme scene”.

Mr Thompson denies manslaughter, unlawful wounding and assault, but has admitted possessing crystal meth.

The court heard that during the evening in question, Mr Thompson became aware Mr Kochs was dead or unconscious and covered him with a duvet on the floor of his living room.

He then had sex with another man he had also met online as the body of Mr Kochs lay in the flat.

The next morning, after the second man had left, Mr Thompson messaged his father and said: “Can you come down immediately, something tragic has happened, just you not Mum please ASAP.”

On arriving at the flat, his father called for an ambulance and police arrived.

Mr Thompson told police he and Mr Kochs had engaged in “extreme no limits sex”, but he believed Mr Kochs had been asleep and that was why he covered him with the duvet.

The trial continues.

Comments have been disabled on this story due to legal reasons.