Women film themselves running through hospital screaming ‘f**k the NHS’ and ‘hurling homophobic abuse’

A Covid warning outside Royal Liverpool University hospital in Liverpool, north west England on January 5

A male nurse was allegedly subjected to homophobic abuse during a shocking incident in Liverpool as three women filmed themselves running through a hospital.

Footage was widely shared on Facebook appearing to show women running through the corridors of the Royal Liverpool Hospital, shouting abuse at patients and staff.

Video footage appears to show the women yelling “murderers”, “liars” and “f**k the NHS“, while subjecting a male nurse to homophobic abuse.

The Liverpool Echo reports that the three women were removed from the hospital during the incident, which took place in the evening of 12 January.

Woman allegedly directed homophobic abuse towards male nurse

Detective Inspector Graeme Osborne said: “We are treating this incident as a hate crime. These women not only caused distress to patients, staff and visitors to the hospital at this sad and challenging time, they verbally abused one of those nurses working so hard at the frontline.”

The video has since been removed from Facebook.

One woman has been arrested in connection with the incident, Merseyside Police confirmed on Monday (18 January).

A sign outside the Royal Liverpool University Hospital

A sign outside the Royal Liverpool University Hospital (Getty/Christopher Furlong)

Arrest for ‘causing distress to patients, staff and visitors’

The police force confirmed: “Officers were called to reports of three women being removed from the hospital after reportedly causing distress to patients, staff and visitors.

“One of the women also reportedly directed homophobic abuse towards a male nurse. Security at the hospital removed the women.

“A 33-year-old woman from Kensington was arrested on suspicion of using threatening/abusive/insulting words/behaviour to cause harassment/alarm/distress and was taken to a police station for questioning.

“She has been released on conditional bail pending further enquiries.”

The police added: “The investigation continues and anyone with information is asked to contact us via our social media desk on Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook ‘Merseyside Police Contact Centre’ with reference 21000024838.

“You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online form.”