Gay couple violently stabbed with glass by teenage boy in third attack of its kind in Amsterdam since Easter

Gay couple Amsterdam homophobic attack

Another gay couple were the victims of a homophobic attack in Amsterdam this week, the third attack of its kind in the city in a matter of weeks.

The gay couple were in a canoe at JC van Epenstraat when the incident occurred on 21 May, according to NLTimes.

While in the canoe, a group of youths started shouting homophobic abuse at them. The couple were reportedly attacked when they got out of their canoe to confront the youths.

One of the men was stabbed in the arm with a piece of glass by a teenage boy during the incident. He was later taken to hospital for treatment.

Three teenagers have been arrested over the homophobic attack in Amsterdam.

Police said they have arrested three teenagers in connection with the attack. The teenage boy accused of stabbing the man in the arm is just 14-years-old, while the other two suspects are aged 14 and 15.

The horrific incident is the third of its kind in Amsterdam since Easter, with two of the reported incidents happening to the same couple.

On April 12, it was reported that a gay couple were attacked by a group of youths in Amsterdam for holding hands in public.

That incident began with teenagers hurling insults their way, but the youths fled the scene when bystanders intervened and called the police.

When police arrived there was no sign of the teenage boys, but as soon as they left, two of the teenage boys pulled up on a scooter and spat on one of the men.

The latest incident is the third of its kind in the city in a matter of weeks.

The men, who were named as Daniel Schepers and Fabio Viana, revealed earlier this month that they were set upon once more by a group of youths just weeks after the first attack.

Schepers and Viana were harassed by a group of people because they were holding hands in public, their lawyer Sebas Diekstra wrote on Twitter.

The group reportedly started shouting at Schepers and Viana. One of the group then walked up behind the couple and kicked one of them to the ground.

“The police were quickly at the scene, breaking up off the attack and the group fled,” Diekstra said. One person was held by police over the attack.