Non-binary singer and poet Kae Tempest announces 2022 UK and Ireland tour: tickets and dates
Kae Tempest has announced a headline UK and Ireland tour – and tickets go on sale soon.
The non-binary singer-songwriter and poet will perform 20 headline dates this April and May.
Fans can get their hands on tickets from 10am on 21 January via ticketmaster.co.uk.
This article contains affiliate links, PinkNews may earn revenue if you click through and purchase products through the links.
Kae announced the tour on social media, writing: “Been so long and I can’t wait to be out there with you all again.
“If you’ve never seen a show or if you’re been with me since the busking days, come be a part of it. It’s new levels this time out.”
It’ll be in support of their upcoming album The Line Is A Curve, due for release on 8 April.
Discussing the album in a statement, Kae says it’s “about letting go, of shame anxiety, isolation and falling instead into surrender”.
“This letting go can hopefully be felt across the record. In the musicality, the instrumentation, the lyricism, the delivery, the cover art. In the way it ends where it begins and begins where it ends,” they add.
It will also mark their first album release since coming out as non-binary in an Instagram post in August 2020.
Kae says: “I want people to feel welcomed into this record, by me, the person who made it.
“I feel more grounded in what I’m trying to do, who I am as an artist and as a person and what I have to offer. I feel less shame in my body because I am not hiding from the world anymore.”
The first track lifted from the album is “More Pressure”, which sees them collaborate with Brockhampton member Kevin Abstract.
You can find out how to get tickets and the full tour schedule below.
How to get Kae Tempest tickets
They go on general sale at 10am on 21 January via Ticketmaster.
Fans who pre-order the album The Line Is A Curve from the official store here will receive presale access to tickets.
The presale takes place on 19 January at 10am and you’ll be emailed details on how to access it.
Kae Tempest UK and Ireland tour dates
- 22 April – Albert Hall, Manchester
- 23 April – Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh
- 24 April – SWG3 Galvanziers, Glasgow
- 26 April – Corn Exchange, Cambridge
- 27 April – De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill on Sea
- 28 April – The Dome, Brighton
- 30 April – Roisin Dubh, Galway
- 1 May – Cyprus Avenue, Cork
- 3 May – Cathedral Quarter Festival, Belfast
- 4 May – Vicar Street, Merchants Quay
- 6 May – Marble Factory, Bristol
- 8 May – Grand Central Hall, Liverpool
- 10 May – Town Hall, Birmingham
- 11 May – Stylus, Leeds
- 12 May – Asylum, Hull
- 14 May – St David’s Hall, Cardiff
- 15 May – The Octagon Centre, Sheffield
- 16 May – O2 Academy, Leicester
- 18 May – London, O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire
- 21 May – Sage, Gateshead
MyPinkNews members are invited to comment on articles to discuss the content we publish, or debate issues more generally. Please familiarise yourself with our community guidelines to ensure that our community remains a safe and inclusive space for all.