Ezra Miller breaks silence and announces treatment for ‘complex mental health issues’

Ezra Miller

The Flash star Ezra Miller has finally spoken out about the series of charges and allegations they have faced over recent months. 

The statement to Variety comes a week after they were charged with felony burglary in Vermont after allegedly stealing several alcohol bottles from a home.

In 2022 alone the Fantastic Beasts actor has been arrested in Hawaii twice – once for disorderly conduct, paying a $300 fine, and later for harassment, which was dismissed. 

They’ve also been the subject of two protective and restraining orders, having been accused of “grooming” a non-binary 18-year-old and of harassing a mother and her 12-year-old child.
Addressing their behaviour on Monday (15 August), Ezra Miller said: “Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment.

“I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”

Ezra Miller attends Time 100 Next at Pier 17 on November 14, 2019 in New York City

Ezra Miller attends Time 100 Next at Pier 17 in New York City. (Taylor Hill/Getty)

Ezra Miller’s behaviour has been under scrutiny since a 2020 video showing them choking a woman in Berlin. A police investigation was dropped since Miller was no longer in the country.

More recently, in August, authorities have been searching for a mother and her three children who had been living on Miller’s farm. According to a court document seen by Rolling Stone, Miller told police the family have not lived there for months. 
The allegations against Miller have left their career hanging in the balance.

They are due to star in DC’s The Flash, which has already completed filming, though many fans have urged maker Warner Bros to drop the film.

After reports of uncertainty within the company, it seems The Flash will go ahead with Miller at the forefront.

On 4 August Variety reported that during the company’s Q2 earnings call, CEO David Zaslav said: “We have seen The Flash, Black Adam and Shazam 2. We are very excited about them. We’ve seen them. We think they are terrific, and we think we can make them even better.”
Another studio source told Deadline that “even if no more allegations surface, the studio won’t likely keep Miller in the Flash role in future DC films,” meaning this could be their last in the DC universe.

 

Comments (1)

MyPinkNews members are invited to comment on articles to discuss the content we publish, or debate issues more generally. Please familiarise yourself with our community guidelines to ensure that our community remains a safe and inclusive space for all.

Loading Comments