Gay couple tragically die from carbon monoxide poisoning
A gay couple has tragically passed away from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Italian couple Alex Ferrari and Luca Bortolaso, who were both 21, passed away earlier this week (January 2) after a defective wood burner poisoned them with carbon monoxide.
The gay students were away in a holiday home in Ca’di Sotto, Verona with two female friends when they inhaled dangerous levels of the poisonous gas.
Carbon monoxide is one of the most lethal gasses to die from as it is invisible and has no smell or taste.
The friends of the couple survived as they were sleeping in a separate room using an electric fire.
A joint funeral will be held for the couple, who were together for over a year and were engaged to be married according to Facebook.
The families specifically requested a joint service, which is being held today (January 5).
Don Alessio Graziani, a spokesperson of the bishop of Vicenza, said that the families of the deceased needed to be respected at this time and condemned any homophobic comments during their period of mourning.
MyPinkNews members are invited to comment on articles to discuss the content we publish, or debate issues more generally. Please familiarise yourself with our community guidelines to ensure that our community remains a safe and inclusive space for all.
Report this comment
Please let us know why you would like to report this comment:
The ability to comment will be removed from anyone who does not follow our Terms & Conditions