Gay couple named as victims in Scottish hotel fire
Two men have been named as victims in a fire at a luxury five-star hotel in Loch Lomond, Scotland.
Simon Midgley and Richard Dyson, who are believed to be from London, had ben staying at the Cameron House Hotel.
A fire broke out on Monday morning and tore through the luxury five-star hotel.
Despite authorities not having named the victims’ identities, relatives have published a tribute on social media.
Midgley’s Facebook page has been converted to a tributes page.
The director of the hotel has commended the emergency services for their actions in stopping more lives from being lost.
A baby, Jimmy, and his parents Louise and Andrew Logan from Worcestershire, were carried to safety by firefighters from an upper floor.
They were later taken to hospital but were discharged.
According to social media posts paying tribute to Midgley and Dyson, they had been on a winter break in Scotland when they died in the fire.
Midgley had shared photos of the hotel on his Instagram and wrote “Home for the weekend”.
MyPinkNews members are invited to comment on articles to discuss the content we publish, or debate issues more generally. Please familiarise yourself with our community guidelines to ensure that our community remains a safe and inclusive space for all.