Britney Spears is determined ‘to live life on her terms’ so that she can see more of her sons

Britney Spears with her sons Jayden and Sean and her niece Maddie.

Britney Spears is reportedly determined to “live life on her own terms” so that she can see more of her two sons.

In recent weeks Britney has signalled her dissatisfaction with her conservatorship – the complex legal arrangement which has controlled her life for the last 12 years – confirming in court filings that she is “trying to regain some measure of personal autonomy”.

Part of her desire for change stems from her wish to see more of her sons, a source told US WeeklyShe reportedly has 30 per cent custody of her two children, Sean and Jayden, while they spend the other 70 per cent of their time with their father Kevin Federline

“Britney wants to live her life on her terms and is very displeased with the current custody arrangement,” the source said.

“She needs to see the boys much more than she currently is.”

The insider claims Britney is seeking to change her conservatorship as well as the custody arrangement.

“Britney is remarkably resilient and is very engaged in the conservatorship, whereas in years prior, she wasn’t at all,” they added.

“She would never ask questions about it or go to court.”

Singer Britney Spears (2nd, L) and family (L-R), father Jamie, brother Bryan and mother Lynne. (Chris Farina/Corbis via Getty Images)

Britney Spears’ parents ‘at war’ over conservatorship.

According to the insider, Britney’s parents are “at war” as her mother and father jockey over the conservatorship.

Britney recently attempted to remove her father, Jamie, from the arrangement, of which he has played a key role in since its inception. But a court ruling stated that no changes would be made to the conservatorship, which was also extended through to February.

The source said that her mother, Lynne, “wants a care plan established that would transition Britney’s personal life out of the conservatorship”.

“Jamie has told her that Britney needs long-term monitoring, and he doesn’t think she is prepared to take such a drastic action,” they continued.

“With the conservatorship being extended until the beginning of 2021, Jamie was relieved because all he wants is to keep Britney safe and at her best.”

As much as the household has been reduced to a pinched battleground over the future of Britney’s arrangements, her brother, Bryan, has emerged as a “peacemaker”, they added.